The P.L.A.A.Y. (Promoting Lifelong Activity among Adults and Youth) Shaping NJ Grant is pleased to have the following partners. This blog post is a focus on our partners:
- Burlington County Health Department, Dr. Holly Funkhouser, Public Health Officer and Aditi Bothra, Community Health Educator. The health department plays vital role in the overall health of the community in Burlington County New Jersey. The C.H.I.P. (Community Health Improvement Plan) for Burlington County includes the P.L.A.A.Y grant. This partnership provides direct communication with the community and an avenue to produce positive community health outcomes and to promote a culture of Health.
- Willingboro Recreation & Parks Department, Kendall Brunson, Director and our home town hero. This department is committed to promoting health, wellness and fitness in Willingboro, New Jersey. The JF Kennedy Center located at 429 JF Kennedy Way houses a variety of wellness and fitness activities for the entire family. This partnership provides an opportunity to work and partner with city officials regarding the health and wellness of the community.
- Pi Mu Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated. The sorority is dedicated to community service and promoting wellness. The sorority’s 2014-2018 international focus is “Launching New Dimensions of Service℠ which includes 1. Educational Enrichment, 2. Health Promotion, 3. Family Strengthening, 4. Environmental Ownership and 5. Global Impact.” Pi Mu Omega chapter of AKA is active in the community and fulfilling the mission of the sorority. This partnership offers community involvement and a direct local connection with people that live in Burlington County.
- G3 Health & Fitness, Cynthia Carpenter and Victoria Goyins. G3 offers a youth fit club for boys and girls 8 to 12 years old. This program includes fitness, fun and an opportunity to try new foods. The motto is “Get Moving, Get Knowledge, Get Healthy & Strong”. G3 programs are offered at the JF Kennedy Center in Willingboro, New Jersey. This partnership offers a direct connection with youth and families that live and play in Burlington County.
- Chef Delilah Winder and Chef Dante Foggy – Both chefs are Food Network Champions and Winners! The chefs are an asset to our nutrition component of the grant. The chefs help us to reach people of all ages and provide expert food knowledge on how to create delicious healthy food without added sugar, salt or fat. During our cooking demonstrations participants learn how to turn avocados in to chocolate pudding, fresh fruit in to cool smoothies and beans in to a easy to make hummus.