- We educated over 30 childcare leaders to implement national Early Childhood Education Healthy Eating and Physical Activity (HEPA) Standards at their centers by conducting 2 key workshops with positive networking and interactions.
- Over 100 childcare centers’ staff were invited and received basic information on youth obesity and HEPA standards.
- Thirty childcare workers received HEPA training standards, support materials and resources.
- All attendees completed a self assessment and action plan to take back with them with the goal of implementing new policy.
Physical Activity Strategy:
- The YMCA signed 8 joint-use agreements for childcare centers lacking physical activity access, play and outdoor space.
- In May, the YMCA conducted free community-wide learn to swim program in New Brunswick with Rutgers pool.